Top 5 Tips for Sustaining Energy Throughout the Day
We all get that mid day slump we battle part way through the work day. That annoying time that no matter how much sleep we got that night we are still exhausted. For me that’s right around 2pm. Today I’m going to share with you some of the ways I found work best for me. Just like everything else in life, it may not work for everyone. The following are what I do to try and avoid hitting that slump.
- Exercise in the Morning– Nothing wakes me up more than going for a run. Seriously, I could drink 6 shots of espresso and I still won’t feel as awake as if I worked out in the morning. I know, I know it’s so difficult to get up early before work. But eventually your body will get used to it and you will be wide awake for the morning. Exercising also helps reduce stress which often makes people feel more tired.
- Drink coffee later in the morning– Before I had been drinking my coffee right when I woke up. Now, I drink it around 10/11 in the morning. It keeps me awake until lunch time.
- Hydrate!– drinking water throughout the day is extremely important. Heck, fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration. It’s easiest to just carry a water bottle around with you and keep filling it up throughout the day.
- Take a mid day walk– Cut part of your lunch break short and go for a short walk around the block. This helps relieve stress which can cause you to be more tired. Physical activity is the perfect way to get that extra kick of energy you are looking for!
- Bring a well balanced mid afternoon snack! I wasn’t doing this for the longest time. I would eat lunch, get tired and then because I had such a long commute home, I would be starving by the time I got home. This is not only bad for energy, but when you’re that hungry you often grab whatever is in front of you, good or bad. Choosing well balanced meals and snacks are extremely important to fight fatigue and keep you satisfied longer. Go Macro Bars are the perfect balanced bar for the mid afternoon snack! The ratio of protein, fat and carbs is perfect as well as the amount of calories in the bars. If you are also doubling at the gym in the afternoon, I highly recommend the Ideal Fit Pre workout drink. I drink a half of a scoop on days I do double runs (for me one whole scoop was too much) and it gives me enough energy to feel great on my runs! If you want to try it, go Here and use code: positivelyamanda at check out to get 10% off!