Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa Soup
Nothing warms my soul like a nice bowl of soup. Recently, I have been trying to come up with meatless dishes I can easily make and take to work for lunch. This soup packs protein from the quinoa and tons of veggies that help keep me filled up throughout the day so I am not starving when I get home.
- 2- 32oz Boxes of low sodium chicken stock
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Large sweet potato cut into small pieces
- 1 Small can of corn
- 1 Cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado for the top
- Sriracha (if you want to add some heat)
- In a slow cooker combine: chicken stock, quinoa, sweet potato, corn, cilantro, cumin and chili powder.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Top with sriracha and avocado if desired.
I love slow cooker recipes, they’re so simple and easy to cook and do other things while your meal is cooking!
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe?