Mexican Lasagna Bake
Although it may be warm in LA, i’m still craving comforting warm meals. Here’s one with a healthy twist to it!
- 1 -15oz Can diced tomato
- 1-15 oz Can black beans (drained)
- 1-15oz Can corn (drained)
- 3 Large carrots diced
- 1 Large onion diced
- 1 Green bell pepper diced
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 5 Whole Wheat soft tortillas
- 1.5 lb Chicken breast cubes
- 1 Cup enchilada sauce
- Greek yogurt (substitute sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Saute chicken in frying pan until cooked through.
- Saute onions, carrots and bell pepper until soft.
- Mix together the carrots, bell pepper, onion, corn, black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin together.
- In a 9 x 9 baking fish cover the bottom with a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce until covered.
- Put one layer of tortilla down, followed by a layer of the veggie mixture.
- Lay a layer of tortilla down, followed by enchilada sauce and the chicken.
- Lay another layer of tortilla down with the remaining veggie mixture, followed by a top layer of tortilla.
- Cover top tortilla layer with enchilada sauce. If desired top with cheese.
- Bake at 325 degree for 40 Minutes.
- Serve with greek yogurt and tortilla chips.