5 Healthy Tips to Start Off the New Year
Half way though December and the holiday season is upon us. Many of you, I am sure, have started thinking about your new years resolutions. For a large majority of people that includes making healthier changes to their life. Such as working out more or eating healthier. Sometimes it’s the simplest of things that we forget are some of the most important parts of living a healthier lifestyle. Here are five simple tips to help you start your new year in a healthy way!
- Drink enough water- It is incredibly important to stay hydrated and drink enough water so your body can functional properly. Plus, many people often mistake thirst for being hungry, which means you could end up saving calories if that’s the case with you.
- Get enough sleep- It’s important that adults get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. While you sleep your body is repairing damaged cells & boosting your immune system. Research has been done that not getting enough sleep can lead to an increase risk of heart disease when your body isn’t able to recover and repair itself.
- Cook your own meals- Going out for meals will not only put a strain on your wallet but can also put a strain on trying to eat healthy. Best bet is to learn how to cook delicious and healthy meals (maybe one of my delicious recipes) so you know exactly what types of ingredients are going into each dish.
- Pick up a new activity- I love being active and love trying new things. Never played soccer before and want to give it a try? Join a recreational league where people play for fun. Not only does it keep you active but it’s a great way to meet new people!
- Stock your pantry & refrigerator with healthier foods- If junk food isn’t around you aren’t likely to endlessly eat it and are more likely to make healthier more conscious choices about what you are putting in.
Lucky for you Swanson Vitamins has provided me with a $100 Gift Card to help you start 2017 off on the right foot! They have plenty of healthy foods to stock your pantry with and cook your own meals with. They also have a multitude of vitamins and natural skin and beauty products to choose from!
The giveaway runs from December 16-January 9. Giveaway is open to anyone living in the United States and Canada (excludes Quebec)