Creamy and Fresh Vegetable Pasta
This creamy and fresh vegetable pasta is the perfect satisfying and healthy meal anytime of the year. I have been trying harder and harder to pack more veggies into my meals, especially the pasta dishes. Here is one that is extremely simple but packed with tons of delicious flavor and veggies! I have combined fresh, crisp vegetables with fresh tomato sauce and creamy ricotta to make this a perfect ever night meal.
- 1lb Whole Wheat Pasta- any variety
- 1- 10 oz bag of pre shredded carrots
- 1 – 12 oz bag of shredded broccoli slaw
- 1- 5 oz bag of baby spinach
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 Tb minced garlic
- 3 Tb Olive oil
- 1 Cup fresh basil
- 2 Cups part skim ricotta cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Romano if desired
- Cook pasta according to package.
- In a blender, blend together tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and basil.
- In a pan saute carrots, broccoli slaw, and spinach until slightly cooked through, but still with a slight crunch.
- Mix pasta, tomato mixture, and vegetables.
- Mix in ricotta cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired top with Romano cheese.